Re: gtkhml & gconf

Christophe,
I was the one who related the problem to gconf. It seems like the newer
versions of gtkhtml use gconf and autoconf doesn't seem to recognise it.
The error I got when balsa segfaults says that gconf_init() needs to be
called before a call to gtkhtml (to paraphrase). In main.c  there seems to
be this set of lines:

lines 29-31:
#ifdef GTKHTML_HAVE_GCONF
# include <gconf/gconf.h>
#endif
--snip--
lines 340-344:
#ifdef GTKHTML_HAVE_GCONF
    if (!gconf_init(argc, argv, &gconf_error))
	g_error_free(gconf_error);
    gconf_error = NULL;
#endif

Also when I would try to compile I would get an error saying that
gconf_init()'s third argument was an invalid pointer. Which leads me to
believe that autoconf isn't setting this GTKHTML_HAVE_GCONF setting, but I
know little about autconf/make so I do not know what to change.
--
D. M. Monarres (ayeq@yahoo.com)

Someday somebody has got to decide whether the typewriter is the machine,
or the person who operates it.