Re: Pop server problems

On 2001.07.25 00:38:22 +0200 Hans Stenlund wrote:
> I've been using balsa 1.1.1 for awhile. All of a
> sudden I cannot download my messages from my ISP's pop
> server anymore. I know that there are messages waiting
> since I can manually list and download them, using pop
> conversation via telnet.
> I tried to upgrade to 1.1.7 but that didn't help.
> Isn't there a 'debug' start option to debug the pop
> conversation? I'm kind of lost here and need help.

a) may you explain in detail what you exactly did ?
b) what balsa version are you using ?
c) binary package or selfcompiled balsa ?
d) when pressing 'check' does a 'dialog' come up and
   does it freeze ?`e.g. do nothing ?
e) login as root and do this

cd /var/spool
chmod 1777 mail
cd /var/spool/mail
chmod 600 <mailbox with your username>
chown <yourusername>.users <mailbox with your username>

e.g.

cd /var/spool
chmod 1777 mail
cd /var/spool/mail
chmod 600 galaxy
chown galaxy.users galaxy

f) is your ~/mail set to chmod 755 ?
   are the files inside set to chmod 600 ?
   are all files including that dir belong to your username ?

please check exactly that way if you get the problem 'd)'
with the freezing dialog then chances are that your thread
support is borked, in this case compile balsa with

--disable-threads

correct info for this if you enter './configure --help'
during compile.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de