Re: how do i setup an hotmail account on balsa

I was using the handy gotmail perl utility to grab my hotmail and forward
it into my local system where it would show up in a local mailbox, then
using a balsa identity to send mail with my hotmail return address.
Unfortunately, hotmail just changed it's web page layout, so the gotmail
perl script is broken. I don't know if the author is going to update it, or
not. I've thought about updating it myself, but I'm still a perl newbie. At
any rate here's his web site: http://www.hawkins.emu.id.au

Otherwise, if you're thinking of the nifty way that Outlook Express handles
a hotmail account, dream on. I think Microsoft uses their own proprietary
protocol and I doubt they'll ever release it.

-Steve