can't compile balsa (no version...)

Hello balsa-list,

i dunno what the problem is... but maybe you know

OS...............: Slackware 8.0 (i tried it on Slackware 7.1 too, same error)
Kernel...........: 2.4.6
configure options: --disable-more-warnings <--- i tried it without that,
                                                doesn't work
                   --enable-all            <--- i tried it without that,
                                                doesn't work...
                   --enable-gtkhtml

the whole log of doin' "make" is in the attachement

i hope you know what my problem is..., bcause balsa is the only
email-client i really like (i used it on DLD... in the good o' days
;-) )
        ps: i zipped the attachement because i sent it unzipped but it
        was too large, to thats the second try to get help from ya

thx

--
Best regards,
 crazynd                          mailto:crazynd@gmx.net

|Researchers from Baltimore's Johns Hopkins University say their
|findings show keeping a furry pet can lead to schizophrenia, manic
|depression and even permanent brain damage.

logfile_make.zip