Re: PATCH: spell checker recognises natl chars

On Wed, 18 July 18:40 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> PCRE is *really* fun...
>
> Attached is a patch which, in connection with the PCRE library, enables the
> spell checker to correctly check texts containing national characters (Note:
> please apply the small patch sent about 1 hour ago before [Message-ID
> <20010718171539.C7207@regulus>]).
>
> The patch first sets the current locale in src/main.c (Brian, thanks for that
> hint!).

I didn't think it would be that easy :)

> In src/spell-check.c, things are a little more complicated as PCRE's
> posix compatibility functions (like regex.h's) don't know about locales :-((.

I've been using PCRE elesewhere but only with the posix compatibility to
date.  Guess I need to revise my code....

I've been using the earlier PCRE patch now with *no* problems whatsoever.
Actually I'm quite impressed how transparent the changeover has been.

Brian.