Re: Toolbar preferences...

Hi,

On 2001.07.18 22:23 hitched97@mailops.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Also, I can second Ali's post about "All Headers" not working correctly.
> It behaves as follows in the main menu:
>
>     First click:
>         - all headers are displayed
>         - button remains depressed
>         - View menu is unchanged (i.e., headers radio button does not
> change)

The view menu _should_ remain unchanged. The button is intended to be an
_override_, while it's down, the view menu is not relevant and still shows
the saved state. This is by design.
So, the behavior on the first click is correct.

>     Second click:
>         - all headers are still displayed
>         - button is no longer depressed
>         - View menu is unchanged

This is a bug, but it works for me (in my version, which is different. I
will check a pristine CVS tree shortly).

> This is the same no matter what the starting state of the View menu is.

It's independent of the starting state, by design.

> In the message window, behavior is as follows:
>
>     First click:
>         - all headers are displayed
>         - button remains depressed
>         - View menu is unchanged

This, again, is by design, and is correct.

>     Second click:
>         - selected headers are displayed
>         - button is no longer depressed
>         - View menu is unchanged

I have confirmed this to be a bug, the state is not saved correctly.
It should revert to the initial state of the view menu, not "Some headers".

> This is also the same no matter what the state of the View menu was.  Note
> that if "No headers" was originally selected, the toolbar button still
> displayes Selected headers on the second click.

Again, the view menu _not_ changing is by design. The button is interlocked
against the view menu only in that the button pops _up_ when a chioce in the
view menu is made.

Cheers,

Melanie