Re: new Customize menu

Hi,

On 2001.07.17 12:12 christophe barbi wrote:

> > yeah, but i'd say the list makes it damn easier to do the configure
> > dialog.
> > (right melanie ?)

Right. In the previes you'd have the problem of not being able to select the
separators. Making them selectable would be reinventing the wheel, redoing
all the gnome toolbar code within the prefs dialog to accurately simulate
what the toolbar would look like.

> So perhaps the toolbar preview is not necessary.

I think it is. I, personally, like very much to see if the toolbar I'm
designing looks and feels "right", before I hit "Apply" and lose the
previous one. Because of the preview I can tell if the resulting bar will
look right and be practical. I can also see the effect of wrapping or not
wrapping the labels, and the size of the resulting toolbar.

The toolvar window, without the label problem, will fit un a 640x480 screen.
I really don't think we need to support 320 x 200, or do we??

Melanie