list (which is not the default). When "OK" is clicked, the identity in the
From: field does not change to reflect that, but stays at the default. To in
fact select the first entry in the identities dialog, it is necessary to
click the already selected first line, then click "OK"

There is a default identity, which I want to delete. When I delete that, I
am asked to confirm that, which I do.

A few program runs later, an identity named "default" is back, it is a copy
of the real default identity. When it's deleted again, the same thing
happens: it reappears after a short while.

Melanie