Re: spell checking

On 2001-07-10 14:52 Trond Eivind Glomsrĝd wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Pawel Salek wrote:
>
> > On 2001-07-10 00:04 Karl O . Pinc wrote:
> > > Allright, per redhat bug 42471:
> > > I'm running RedHat 7.1.
> > >
> > > I tried (getting packages from rawhide):
> > > I still can't spell check in balsa.  Same old "Unable to load the
> > > "aspell" module" message.
> > >
> > > I'm not really excited about fixing this just now.  I don't have
> > > much time.  But I do have the time to report the problem.
> >
> > Because it is still not fixed in the aspell in rawhide.
> > /usr/lib/libpspell_aspell.la
> > is missing on the file list.
>
> That's just a libtool helper file, which should not be necesarry.

Is this "should be" phrase unconditional? Because I have irresistible
impression this file is needed for new_pspell_manager() call to succeed.
So, I far as I can tell, libpspell_aspell.la MUST exist for
new_pspell_manager(spell_config) to succeed, where
    pspell_config_replace(spell_config,	"module", "aspell")
has been called to set the used spelling module to "aspell". I don't
know pspell internals to explain why new_pspell_manager() requires this
file to exist but I am sure that this file is required on my box. And on
some other people's boxes as well.

(... thinking if anything else needs to be added...)

The top of the libpspell_aspell.la file says:

# libpspell_aspell.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.4 (1.920 2001/04/24 23:26:18)
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

Is this statement "It is necessary for linking the library" false then?

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202