Re: bugfix 1

On Mon,  9 July 08:53 Ali Akcaagac wrote:

> yeah this might be but i am kinda curious of this:
>
> a) when i forward email a line gets appended on top
>    of the mail 'On xxxxxx Ali Akcaagac wrote'
>
> but when i forward something, then i haven't written
> it. i just forward what i get from someone else.
>
> b) my signature gets added, so the forwarded mail
>    will look like its written by me. but in reality
>    its written by someone else.
>
> if so, as you say, then the forwarded mail shouldnt
> have a signature and shouldnt have the 'on xxxxx ... wrote'
> stuff.

Here's my 2p worth :-

There are two common ways of forwarding a message:

One is to quote the original message as if it was a reply with
a line of explanation at the top and the forwarder's signature
as normal for a reply.  Typically the person forwarding the
message might add a line or two of explanation as to why the
message is being forwarded.

It should be noted that the forwarded message is a *new*
message distinct from the original, i.e. it has a new Message-Id:
and the From:To:/Cc:/Bcc: headers are unrelated to those of the