Re: Mail Send problems 1.6 CVS

On Wed,  4 July 12:57 Stephen Binks wrote:
> I've been having problems sendinmail with
> attachments larger than ~10k.

Hi folks,

I've tracked down this problem to the connection being aborted
for some reason during the message transfer.  /etc/termcap seems
to be a good choice for aborting the connection.

The following pipeline seems to trigger the glitch

echo |  cat - /etc/termcap |
./mail-file-a --no-crlf -m [ -h host:port ] - mailbox@wherever

It always happens with sendmail, sometimes (always?) with qmail
and, get this, *never* with M$ Exchange.  I've been tracking this
stuff with ethereal and right now I'm flummoxed as to what is
different.

Does anybody using Postfix or other MTAs have a problem with
aborted connections?

Brian