Lag in Editor

Well, I finally got Balsa working on my new Red Hat 7.1
setup.  I had to change the permissions on the
/var/spool/mail/ directory.  I learned how to do it by
reading this list.  Thank you for your help.

But now I have another problem.  There is a big lag in
using the editor.  I can get way ahead of the onscreen
echo when I am typing.  I do not have this problem with
emacs, Netscape Messenger, or Elm.  What is going on?
Have any of you had this problem?  What is the
solution?

The way things are now, I will not be able to use Balsa
even though otherwise it looks like the nicest mail
reader I have discovered since moving over to Linux
from Windows.

Your friend and brother,
John 'MS hater' Redelfs, jwr@zionsbest.com