Fwd: Re: switching from mbox to Maildir [kpinc artic edu]

Strangeness with balsa & read/unread mail and mailbox converting...

(note, I didn't actually delete the mbox file as this was a test.)

On 2001.07.02 12:31 Karl O . Pinc wrote:
On 2001.07.01 04:56 Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2001 06:09:54 +0200, Karl O . Pinc <kpinc@artic.edu> wrote:
>
> > "formail -s", which comes with procmail, does a good job of converting
> from
> > mbox format.
>
> Well, I used mbox2maildir. But that didn't keep the attributes of the
> mail (read/unread/new).

Allright, to get a grip I just tried converting an mbox to Maildir by
putting a / on the end of my .procmailrc delivery destination and then
converting by running:

formail -s procmail < path-to-mbox

I found the read/unread/new attributes were _not_ kept, at least with mutt
and balsa clients.  Strangely, balsa (version 1.1.6) kept the right count
of read and unread messages, but labeled _all_ the messages unread.

Karl <kop@meme.com>