Weird Balsa problem

I've been using balsa as my email client for a while now.  It is, from what
I've seen, the best one for Linux.  However, just starting today, whenever
I send an email message, I get an error window saying:

Error sending message, child exited 67 (User unknown.).

Now, the email I sent seems to have no problem, it reaches its intended
target, but the error appears each time.  I can think of nothing at all
that has changed on my system to cause this to start happening.  I tried
downloading the new version, 1.0.1, and I recompiled a nice fresh copy,
same result.  I've deleted my balsa file from .gnome, and reran the
program, hoping the problem was in there somewhere, but no, that didn't fix
it either.  When sending mail from pine or mutt, the error doesn't appear,
and the mail processes normally.  Any ideas?

- Steve