Thread expansion

I posted this question yesterday, but right after I subscribed, so it
may not have made it to the list:

Is there a way to make threads be collapsed when a mailbox is opened,
instead of all  expanded?
Some sort of collapse all/expand all would be appreciated, too, but I'm
not sure how hard that is to implement...
--
Matthew Vanecek
except me.