Possible Outbox sending bug.

I just noticed some unusual unusual behavior that seems wrong to me.
I was sending a message to a few recipients and mistyped one of the
local addresses.  I use my local MTA (sendmail) to send all mail and
when I hit send, I immediately got an error dialog because of my typo.
I checked my sendmail logs and the message was sent to all of the other
recipients so I just resent it to the address I mistyped.  Unbeknownst
to me, a copy of the message was placed in my Outbox folder because
of this error.  Subsequently, when I sent other messages, I would get
the same error message and noticed that more copies of that original
message were being sent to all the other recipients.  Sending any
message must be forcing the Outbox to be flushed.  Is this correct
behavior?  What about saving the multiple recipients when there were
only fatal errors with one of the addresses?  This causes multiple
copies of the message to be sent to the same people.  Also, it would
have been nice if the original error message had warned me that a copy
of the message was saved in my Outbox.

~Jason

| Jason A. Smith                     E-mail:  smithj4_rpi@yahoo.com  |
| Physics Department                 Phone:   (518)276-2050          |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute   FAX:     (518)276-6680          |
| Troy, NY 12180-3590                WWW:          N/A               |