Re: balsa-1.1.1: selecting meessages?

On Wed, 07 Feb 2001 13:31:30 Michael Duelli wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| I know what you mean and I really think it is annoying, too.
|
| It was introduced with dnd support (which I don't want to miss
| anymore ;-)

I love user-interface ambiguities! (not).

| Perhaps one could add some kind of timeout.
| Say, you select a message and only if you don't select another
| message for some milliseconds balsa will shift into dnd modus.

So how often do you drag "straight" to the left, instead of "skew"?
You'll hit another message pretty soon.

Maybe better is if the message is dropped inside the message list,
instead of a mailbox, it should select all messages.  Problems I
foresee:
- Scrolling the message list.
- How do you cancel your drag-n-drop?

| It is also annoying if you selected a bunch of mails and want to
| move or copy them, the mail you clicked on to move or copy will
| be deselected.

You can click first message, shift-click last message.  Its easier
than ctrl-click every message.