Re: cannot send mail from balsa (rh linux 7.2)

I use balsa on RH7.2 also.
What is balsa configured to use as your SMTP server?

Is it's localhost?  If it is, make sure that sendmail is installed
("rpm -q sendmail") and running ("/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail status").
If it's some other server, (smtp.isp.net) have you used another mail
client to send mail through that mail server before?  If not, try to
test outgoing the mail server with another mail client to make sure
it's configured properly and isn't down for maintenance or something.

Do you have libesmtp installed?  (I think RH7.2 installs it by default,
check by running the command "rpm -q libesmtp")

Oh, and just for reference, what version of balsa are you using?
- Jon