outgoing mail confusion

I would like to switch from using Mozilla mail to Balsa, but I cannot
send mail. My inbox set up is OK and all works well. I transferred all
my archived mail from what used to be my Netscape mail directory and all
of that worked OK as well.

I have looked at the FAQ and read a number of messages about smtp and
outgoing mail from the mailing list but am still confused. I am using
version 1.1.7, the version installed with SuSE 7.3. Looking for libesmtp
produces nothing. Thus I guess I will not be able to send mail?

The problem is that my ISP has two servers, one for my mail box and one
for outgoing mail. I have not found a place where I can set the outgoing
mail server?

Is there a central place where this is discussed?

It would be nice to have access to the documentation from the web, if
its there could you please point me in the right direction?

Anyway, I am confused and would appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Robert