Re: Tree style

On 2001.12.21 12:33:27 +0000 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> The style of Balsa's trees (mailbox and thread) has changed randomly with
> various upgrades, and I now find it noisy. Lines joining unrelated items,
> like the heads of successive threads, and little square boxes with +/-

true, i'm not sure it can be avoided though.

> signs are pure clutter (the latter appeared when I upgraded from RH7.1 to

the square boxes are introduced by you gtk theme i think :)

> RH7.2). Since these styles aren't set explicitly in Balsa code (well, lines
> for threaded messages are, but that's all), it seems that Balsa follows
> whatever is the default, and that seems to have changed for the worse (at
> least to my eye, and along my journey through distributions).

this is more a gtk+ theme issue than a distro issue.

i rolled my theme, tweaking Adept fro colour/font changes. it has nice
triangular buttons for GtkCtree, it makes me happy.
get to you control-center and start clikin away ;)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds