Re: Headers in Message View / Help does not work.

On 2001.12.20 09:56:48 +0000 Emmanuel wrote:
> On 2001.12.20 12:21 Pawel Salek wrote:
>>
>> On 2001.12.19 00:25 Lang Hurst wrote:
>>> I second the final sentiment.  If/when my coding skills get good enough,
>>> I'll try to figure out how to make balsa use vim for the text widget.
>>
>> I think it would be more profitable to start porting balsa to gtk+2.0 and
>> its allegedly superior GtkTextView
>>
> Pawel what is the plan for balsa? Is the port to gtk+2.0 a priority (that
> is 1.4 will be gtk+2.0 based).

port to gtk+2.0/gnome2.0 isn't urgent. as far as i can tell balsa will work
as is with gtk+2.0 and gnome-config wasn't cicled out afaik. there's nothing
wrong with starting on it as gtk+2.0 API is frozen.
keep in mind current balsa should be gnome1.4 compatible. as far as i can tell
a realistic launch date for gnome2.0 is somewhere in end january/february.
that means most people will prolly still be using gtk+1.2/gnome1.4 well into
august. imho next stable balsa would benefit from being gnome1.4 compatible,
even if we start work on gnome2.0 upporting.
sounds complicated ? well it is :) do you have any clear timeline Pawel ? i'm
still hoping for a short devel
series, but i'm being a lazy bum as far as the stuff i entered on the TODO
goes. (joys of updating systems for Euro accounting. weeeee)
cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds