Re: Unread messages un-highlighted

On 2001.12.17 19:30 Jon Tai wrote:
> When I used to check for new IMAP mail in balsa-1.2.3, folders with
> unread messages would become highlighted.  The same occurs in
> balsa-1.3.0, but only for a brief moment, and then all folders become
> un-highlighted, indicating no unread messages.  After a long wait,
> the highlighting returns.  - Jon

That may be related to the new IMAP folder scanning. If you have the
IMAP scan depth set to 1 (on the Preferences->Startup page), the tree
is scanned incrementally as you expand nodes in the mailbox list. The
whole tree has to be repopulated, and the `unread' status isn't
restored until the next time the mail is checked.

To return to the old behavior, set the scan depth to a large enough
value to descend the entire tree on startup. If you have a
high-bandwidth, low-latency connection to your IMAP server, or a small
folder tree, you don't need incremental scanning. I do: on a bad day,
with 500 ms ping times, it takes Balsa over a minute to set up my IMAP
tree, and as often as not it just exits as soon as it's done!