Re: GPG support in MUA Balsa

> > There seems to be quite some support for GPG/PGP in libmutt, so I
> > think we should inventise what libmutt already has and add a
> > 'frontend' for it in gui(the src/ directory).
> NO !!! In a long term, "libmutt" must disappear from Balsa. All GPG/PGP support
> code must be implemented in libbalsa. And some codes must be added in src/
> directory for the GUI.

> I think that PGP/GPG support must me implemented for 2 modes :
> - ASCII armored code (sign/crypt in the body of the message, used by most of MUA
> Unix/Win/Mac)
> - RFC 1991 mode : sign/crypt are MIME types (PGP/MIME).
I see :) I now have coded some support for libgpgme (from
	www.gnupg.org). Listing keys now works only, though more stuff is on
the way.

> > Who/How will we/you/I implement gpg/PGP?
> I have seen a new message from you on the list : do you start the development ?
Currently I only have autoconf support for '--with-gpg' and a small
function that printf's all available keys.

> We must implement PGP/GPG code with lib. GPGME and add some GUI codes in
> "Identities". Do you know Gtk coding ?
Yes, I do know GTK. I have written a couple of patches for balsa
before.

> I want develop this PGP/GPG with you.
> Please reply and expose your ideas on this coding. And send me your code if you
> have started to code...
I think the best is to start coding GPG support in CVS. Could someone
give us CVS access ?

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@nl.linux.org> - http://nl.linux.org/~jelmer/