Re: Mailbox Bugs?

Am 2001.12.13 00:38:10 +0100 schrieb(en) Kenneth G . Kastella:
> I am not sure this is a bug but -
>
> The mailboxes that are default are all capitalized, thus Inbox.  The
> file in the mailbox path is not, thus:
> /home/kgk/mail/inbox.  I wanted to add a mailbox called Orders.  I found
> the mailbox configurator, typed Orders
> into the Mailbox Name, then /home/kgk/mail/orders into the path.
> Clicked Add and I ended up with a mailbox
> called orders, lower case.  Minor, yes.  Is there any way around it or
> do I just live with it?

Ok: this IS a feature :-)

It has to do with your "Local Mail"-Path is the Preferences
This is the Dir you see in the MailBox Tree.
Every MailBox listed in this dir will be shown to you "as it is"
So just rename orders into Orders (on the shell) and everything will be
fine.

> This, I think, is a bug -
>
> I re-booted my machine (RH7.1) without shutting down balsa first.  When
> balsa re-started the messages that had
> been in my Trash mailbox were also back in my Inbox shown as unread.
> They were also still in the Trash box
> by the way.  Both the shutdown and re-start seemed normal.

Also: No bug...

Balsa writes the changes physicaly to the mailbox when it is closed
(either by the user or when you shutdown balsa).
When there is now no real shutdown of balsa the changes will be lost :-(

How do you restarted your mashine?
Have you first closed Gnome or just typed reboot?

> Ken Kastella

cu
/Steffen

--