Re: SMTP Problems

Ali Akcaagac wrote:

> On Sat, 2001-12-01 at 11:55, Peter Rexigel wrote:
> > I am running balsa 1.2.3 with libesmtp-0.8.7 both installed from source.
> > Everything worked fine.
> >
> > When I try to send email via SMTP I get the pop up dialog box: Message
> > submission problem, placing it in your outbox.  System will attempt to
> > resubmit the message until you delete it.
>
> i bet this happens...
>
> open xterm run balsa in there and you will probably get an output saying
> libesmtp require-all-recipients or something like this. at least some
> stuff outputting this.

thanks for the immediate answer,
no extraordinary output in xterm; I also compiled libesmtp with the
--require-all-recipients -flag.

what about my guess:

When comparing the headers of an email send by netscape vs. balsa I
found a difference in the message-id:
netscape: Message-ID: <3BF223EC.F2514A11@compuserve.de>
balsa:    Message-ID: <3BF223EC.F2514A11@Hugo.comic.net>
Perhaps may cause this the smtp-Problem - does  compuserve expect an
<@compuserve.de> in the message-id?

thanks