Re: Balsa crashes after sending message

On 2001.08.30 03:30 Ismas Suraya wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a new user and I'm not sure if anyone has detected this problem.
> If i delete the email address under Identity window(leave the field
> blank),
> whenever I tried to send messages balsa will crash.
> I've tried Balsa version 1.1.4 even the new version 1.2 pre2 on RH7.1,
> but it
> still crashes after I deleted the email address.
> This is the error message before it crashes:
>
> ** CRITICAL **: file address.c: line 190 (libbalsa_address_to_gchar):
>  assertion `LIBBALSA_IS_ADDRESS(address)' failed.
>
> Can anyone tell me on how to solve this problem? Thanks very much for
> your help!

OK, in fact the precise spot is in libmutt/rfc822.h in
ADDRESS *rfc822_parse_adrlist (ADDRESS *top, const char *s)
because when the message->from field is NULL (or
libbalsa_address_to_gchar(message->from,...) returns NULL),
rfc822_parse_adrlist calls the SKIPWS macro with a NULL char pointer which
crashes (this macro does not test for NULL pointer and so dereference it,
causing the crash).
So briefly we must not send a message with a bad message->from field
(anyway I guess we don't want to send a messages with no from header or a
borked one).
I don't know the right way to fix it, so if someone with a bit of spare
time volunteered :)
Bye
Manu