Re: IMAP check problems - again

On 2001.08.28 11:38 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 2001.08.28 04:06 Toralf Lund wrote:
>
> >Note, though, that I hadd to add my inbox separately - it is not
> >included
> >by New->Remote IMAP folder, at least not if I want to use a folder
> >prefix
> >(and I do as the IMAP server will otherwise list everything on my home
> >directory as folders/mailboxes)
>
> Can your IMAP server be set up to limit your namespace to "INBOX"? I
> believe this would prevent the other contents of your home directory
> from being listed.
I'm not sure I follow you. I want _some_ of my home directory, of course,
to be more precise everything in the sub directory specified in the
"Prefix" field of "IMAP folder properties".

In any case, it seems like I can't make this kind of changes without
updating the server source code, and if I'm going to do that, I'll probably
update the "mailbox directory" code instead.

> Adding INBOX using the `remote IMAP mailbox' when you
> already have the rest of the tree seems painful!
The problem seems to be that there is no <prefix>/INBOX (or
<prefix>/#public etc., for that matter.) I think perhaps the IMAP folder
code needs to search for special names separately - but if it does, the
term "Remote IMAP folder" is no longer correct, of course.