Re: EXPERIMENTAL PATCH: attached forward

On 2001.08.29 23:00 Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Attached is a first and really very experimental patch against today's
> cvs to
> implement forwarding of messages as attachments. It is quite long and
> therefore, IMHO, not for 1.2... However, I would be really interested in
> any
> comments about this approach, especially if this is RFC-compliant, and if
> this
> is a useful feature.
I'm not too familiar with the RFCs, but what I do know is that there is a
clear distinction between attachments and MIME parts in general (I think
Brian pointed this out, too); an attachment is just one special case of a
"part". For a forwarded message, I think you want a part that is not an
attachment. For a message forwarded by Netscape, the part headers are

while "Content-Disposition" for an attachment is (unsurprisincly enough)
"attachment".

Using add_attachment() in this case therefore doesn't seem quite right, but
I haven't actually checked the headers of the resulting message.

Apart from that, your changes are very welcome!

- Toralf