Re: balsa no-thread crash detected

On 2001.08.23 19:45:56 +0100 Timothy Alan Chandler wrote:
> On 2001.08.23 16:27 M . Thielker wrote:
>
> > It's still there! Use --disable-esmtp with configure.
>
> That's the whole point, one shouldn't have to rebuild an application to
> alter a vital configuration parameter.

What? execing sendmail vital?  Never!

> There are times when I want to use
> QMQP, there are other times when I must use SMTP.

If QMTP is an issue it would be better to implement the protocol directly
in libESMTP rather than eexcing a sendmail workalike to do it!  But that's
not too easy because QMTP lacks a lot of SMTP's flexibility.

> It should be a
> preferences option like it was in 1.1.x.

Not that easy to do.  See previous discussion on this topic.

> The code still isn't reliable enough, disabling libesmtp support in the
> current pre-release it works 100% of the time in a non-threaded balsa, but
> hangs 100% of the time in threaded balsa.

Well - seems like my code is reliable in a threaded environment and the
old code isn't.  I know what my choice will be - but then I'm biased.

Brian