Re: balsa no-thread crash detected

On 2001.08.23 16:03 Ali Akcaagac wrote:

> - compile balsa with no threads.
> - try pop3 mailcheck several times. CRASH
> - or just wait 5-6 mins with open balsa window
>   and then press check. CRASH
>
> .. there is a possibility that this is related to
> my system. since i am not 100% sure i want to mention
> this.... so you could confirm or not.

Does the same thing here.

Non-threaded version crashes when multiple POP3 mailboxs are checked, works
fine if you only specify a single POP3 mailbox to be checked.  Threaded
version doesn't work at all here, the main process detaches and everything
hangs.  Sending via SMTP works fine in both non-threaded and threaded
versions.

IMHO the ability to use the local sendmail binary to send mail should be
put back in.  There are circumstances where it is desirable to favor it
over SMTP.  For instance if the primary mail server on your network uses
the qmail MTA, workstations can have a null mailer installed (mini-qmail)
and be setup to use qmail's QMQP protocol which on a large network I've
found to be more efficient than SMTP.  I still use an older version of
balsa for that reason.

-tac