Re: PATCH: identity-dlg and addressbook-dlg modal fix

> > try this. load balsa and then go to menu and open
> > the addressbook. one time, two times, three times....
>
> I would think it is an advantage: you can see different address books at
> the same time..

well it was just an idea.

> > now my question, why couldnt we use this MODAL thingy within
> > the settings-preferences window and the settings->customize
> > window ? we could save some lines of code because.
>
> Yeah, but you could not do anything when having the preferences window
> open. There is no reason to limit  user's freedom.

yes that might be right, i thought this way. since the identity dialog
is modal, so people cant continue using their system anymore. this is
kinda evil too. but since the prefs, customice, identity, addressbook
windows STAY on top of balsa window (you cant even iconify, them or
click them behind their parent) i came to the conclusion it might be
better to modal them, since you cant seriously operate with balsa if
they REMAIN on top of their parent. at least they are also really big
windows that may become hard to put besides or in the background.
so modal them and take advantage that people dont open them 10000
times was the idea i had in this situation. maybe we unmodal them and
make it possible to store them behind their parents, this would be
better..

> The fact is, the modal windows are necessary evil. GUI design books
> recommend to avoid them.

i absolutely share this.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac