Re: PATCH: Compose Coordinates *FINAL 3*

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:35:42
 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
>here a alternative for all this.
>
>.--------------------------------------------------------------------.
>| From:    [                                        ] | Index: XXXXX |
>| To:      [                                        ] | Words: XXXXX |
>| Subject: [                                        ] | Lines: XXXXX |
>| Cc:      [                                        ] | Size.: XXXXX |
>|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|                                                                    |
>|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
>| LineFeed                                   | Char: 0x00 | X/Y: 0/0 |
>`--------------------------------------------------------------------'

Sorry, can't help it, but this example (and
the other one, too) with all these data
looks more like a hex editor not an email
program :)

Words and lines count IMHO would better fit
into a separate dialog activated by "Message stats" menu option or something like that.
What is Index??? I really think that these
fields clutter the interface too much.

As for cursor position display maybe it would be better to format
it the same way xemacs does in column/line
minor modes?

If you choose to display the char code, you
should take care of multibyte chars too.

OK, enough ranting for now :)

Maciej

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!