Re: Problems with Balsa

On 2001.08.19 09:56:29 +0200 Martin Olveyra wrote:
> I dont know why, but each time I update to a new version,
> the program works worse.

how comes ?

> I begun with version 1.1.5, and always there are problems
> with program speed.

try evolution, then you know whats speed.

> Also there are problems during configuring and compilation,
> and I had to edit the configure script and some Makefiles
> (I had to delete some -Werror flags) in order to reach a
> successfull compilation.

info gcc

and read it.. besides mentioned

--disable-more-warnings

and you never get these problems anymore

> I changed to version 1.1.7 and each time Balsa runs an external
> program (GnomeCard or procmail) the program hangs. So I cannot
> filter the incoming messages. The problems of 1.1.5 still exist.

sad.

> I changed to version 1.2.0 and all those problem still exists,
> and there is a new problem: most icons on the New Message icon
> bar have dissapear, and only appears the Save and Print icons.

well i bet you searched your problems on the wrong place. i dont
think balsa is the reason. i bet your system is borked. how long
have you played with 1.2.0 ? ever tried the toolbar editor to set
your icons ? besides mentioned that there are defaults.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de