Problems with Balsa

I dont know why, but each time I update to a new version, the program works
worse.
I begun with version 1.1.5, and always there are problems with program
speed.
Also there are problems during configuring and compilation, and I had to
edit the configure script and some Makefiles (I had to delete some -Werror
flags) in order to reach a successfull compilation.

I changed to version 1.1.7 and each time Balsa runs an external program
(GnomeCard or procmail) the program hangs. So I cannot filter the incoming
messages. The problems of 1.1.5 still exist.

I changed to version 1.2.0 and all those problem still exists, and there is
a new problem: most icons on the New Message icon bar have dissapear, and
only appears the Save and Print icons.