Re: PATCH: Compose Coordinates

On 2001.08.18 22:44:38 +0200 christophe barbe wrote:
> Moreover generating patches with the base directory clearly indicates which
> files are patched. Otherwise people will send patch which should be applied
> in the libbalsa directory, other .... .This is ever possible to use these
> patches but more work are required because you need to figure out where
> they should be applied.

well this depends and to say the truth, you are the first person
telling me this but i will keep an eye on this in future and see
how other people sent their patches. i never cared much if i apply
it with -p0 or -p1 or whatever.

but i've detected a big issue with 'patch' itself. lets see this example.
i have stored my cvs of balsa in /cvsroot and my balsa for hacking in /tmp

now i do this

cd /tmp
diff -u /cvsroot/balsa/src/balsa-index.c balsa/src/balsa-index.c >/tmp/balsa.patch

now i do this

cd /tmp/balsa

patch -p0 < /tmp/balsa.patch

and instead of patching the correct balsa it patches the virgin cvs tree. this
happens really often because i am used to do patching from my balsa dir so this
things never happen.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de