Re: Strange segfaults

On 2001.08.16 08:37 M . Thielker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to create a balsa_mblist from within a message window.
> Worked
> fine, so far, but when the message window gets destroyed, the mailbox
> list
> in the main window starts acting up! Balsa will segfault when a folder is
> opened, and gives the following message before the crash:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid unclassed pointer in cast to `GtkCTree'
>
> Now I'm wondering if destroying a balsa mblist will free more data than
> it
> should, maybe data shared across all mailbox lists? I can't debug this
> because I don't know what to tell gdb... when I start gdb as in "gdb
> ./balsa", it will tell me the program exited normally just after balsa
> has
> initalized.
>
> After that, I have no more control.
>
> Melanie

Melanie:

I ran into the same problem in setting up the File->New->Remote IMAP
subfolder `Subfolder of' browse button. I gave up on balsa_mblist_new, and
just copied the code from balsa_mblist_repopulate (browse_button_cb, in
src/folder-conf.c). If you find a more correct solution, please let me
know!