wierd error message

Has anyone ever seen this when you hit send on a newly composed message?

Protocol Error: "Expected <LF> character not found"

This just started showing up.  It doesn't happen when I'm replying to an
e-mail and it seems to be related to the strange behavior someone noticed
earlier about the text in the "To:" line jumping back and forth because it
only happens when that thing happens.

I thought my e-mails weren't going through for a minute because nothing
goes in my IMAP sent mail folder.  In fact I sent a bug report to this list
twice a few days ago for that reason.

Heber