Re: size/lines clist initialisation fix.

Hi,

--

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:48:26
 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
>On 2001.08.13 10:23:58 +0200 Maciej Golebiewski wrote:

>[figure 1]
>
>.----------------------------------------------------------------------.
>| # | S | A | From | Subject | Date | Size                             |
>`----------------------------------------------------------------------'
><------------------------ 640 pixels ---------------------------------->

OK, I see your point now. Right, I did
not think about such effect.

>the viewable field for the clist still stays 640 pixels, if you now
>move these objects, e.g. make the 'date' field really big, move the
>arrow as far right as possible, you notice that you get a horizontal
>scrollbar, because you increased the

That's right. I have seen exactly this
behaviour on my system. It's just that I
considered this quite normal and liked it
this way :)

>another example would be, the windowmanager, lets say you run some
>apps, and you wonder why you get some BIG fileselectorboxes with
>OK, CANCEL and whatever buttons you have they are soo damn big that
>you could press them beeing 20 meters away from your monitor now go
>to this window, and shrink it.. also the elements are getting shrinked
>dynamically.

The question is why they were so big in
the first place? Maybe because they were
hardcoded to look nice on a monitor with
hi res and small diagonal? :)

>oki. well i think i explained enough.

Yeah. :)

>/* When a column is resized, store the new size for later use */
>static void
>resize_column_event_cb(GtkCList * clist, gint column, gint width,
>		       gpointer data)

[cut]

>i've added the 6th case, otherwise we may run in default on worst
>case.

OK. Thanks for fixing the gotchas. Just one
remark: this code (case 6) is  relevant only
when storing the size width in preferences.
The original patch wasn't doing this and so
the code was not needed then.

Cheers,

Maciej

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!