Re: balsa crashes when procmail is enabled

On 2001.08.10 06:55 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001-08-10 20:47 Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > When I enabled procmail over a POP account .. and
> > there is mail available on this proc. then balsa
> > carshes this way :
>
> Just checking: is it possible that the ~/.procmailrc file is screwed and
> procmail quits prematurely?
>
> Start from having no ~/.procmailrc file at all.
>
> /pawel
> --
> Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
> Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202

"procmail" seems pretty impervious to crashing on a bad rc file (it'll spit
out also
sorts of syntax and semantic errors--but it doesn't crash).  I saw failures
like this until I patched the s/fclose/pclose bug in pop3.c.  I think the
crash is caused by resouce exhaustion (process slots, memory, whatever)
from all the zombie procmails laying around.

jmc