balsa crashes when procmail is enabled

I have Mandrake 8.0 with procmail installed from rpm ..

When I enabled procmail over a POP account .. and
there is mail available on this proc. then balsa
carshes this way :

(well.. I think a child crashes since I dont get
an error message, balsa just hangs and it gives me
my prompt back if I started it from an xterm)

This is balsa 1.1.7 but I have the same problem with
1.2pre. Libemstp is idd 0.8.3 and compiled with that
extra API call ..

balsa is compiled with --enable-gtkhtml.
On a redhat 7.0 everything works fine btw .. :-\

[freax@localhost freax]$ balsa
Local mailbox lame loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox spam loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox lists loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox vanhoof loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox read loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox netbox loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox galeon loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox pan loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox balsa loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox slashdot loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Local mailbox erol loaded as: LibBalsaMailboxMbox
Message: 135939648, 0, POP3
Message: 135939648, 0, POP3: pandora
Message: 135935048, 0, Local Mail
Message: 135946320, 4, Finished
Updating configuration data: yes
Message: 135908480, 0, POP3
Message: 135908480, 0, POP3: pandora
Message: 135908480, 0, Local Mail
Message: 135908480, 4, Finished
idxsys: 5 English for en_GB
* base font name: -biznet-courier-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-m-*-iso8859-2
*    and postfix: iso8859-1
*    mallocating: 57 bytes
balsa_get_font_by_charset: using fontset
sending with charset: ISO-8859-1
Message: balsa_sendmsg_destroy(): Start.
balsa_sendmsg_destroy: Freeing bsm
Message: balsa_sendmsg_destroy(): Stop.
Send_Message: 136062240, 1, Connected to MTA
Send_Message: 136062240, 1, From: 250 <freax@pandora.be>
Send_Message: 136062240, 1, To: 250 <freax@pandora.be>
Send_Message: 136062240, 1, 250 Ok: queued as 9BDE1216F9D

Send_Message: 136062240, 1, Disconnected
Send_Message: 136007288, 4,
Message: 136076448, 0, POP3
Message: 135930168, 0, POP3: pandora
[freax@localhost freax]$ killall -9 balsa