Re: balsa crashes when procmail is enabled

On 2001.08.10 20:47:23 +0200 Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> I have Mandrake 8.0 with procmail installed from rpm ..

i heard many no good things about mandrake the past weeks,
months etc.. they usually bork more than everything else
known on the linux market. i may be wrong but that's all
roumors. i wouldn't give much to it if it's only said by
one single person but since i've got several people saying
this, i would take this serious.

btw.: i am using procmail myself and i never had any freezes
or crashes.

.... but .....

please whenever you filter your mails through procmail then
make sure the new mailboxes e.g. ~/mail/newboxname has the
right file permissions set e.g. 0600 here an example of my
~/.procmailrc it's for sure not the best but it works fine
for me and here how my mailbox looks like maybe you get
something usefull out of it.. specially meant are file
permissionflags, directory permissionflags etc...

bash-2.05$ ls -l mail/
total 33384
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users     7954511 Aug 10 15:15 balsa
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Aug  5 17:35 draftbox
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users     1471733 Aug 10 15:15 evolution
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users      610336 Aug  5 17:35 ewe
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users     6429995 Aug 10 15:15 galeon
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users       13237 Aug  5 17:35 guestbook
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users        3398 Aug  5 17:35 noten
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users        2230 Aug 10 15:40 outbox
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users    14541911 Aug 10 15:40 sentbox
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Aug  5 17:35 trash
-rw-------    1 galaxy   users     3134923 Aug 10 15:15 vim
bash-2.05$

drwx------    2 galaxy   users         328 Aug 10 15:40 mail
-rw-r--r--    1 galaxy   users        1627 Aug  5 17:35 .procmailrc

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de

.procmailrc