Re: ldap support..

>That was done...  LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED is a no longer treated as an
>error.  Look at the ChangeLog for 2000-12-11, or
>libbalsa/address-book-ldap.c.  What is the exact error, and when is it
>reported?

I'll see about getting the exact error when I'm at my desk tomorrow.

>> What we could in principle do in balsa would be to generate the LDAP
>> queries in a smarter way to limit the number of hits. I guess. This is
>> the only thing that comes to my mind.
>
>It will only do an LDAP query when at least two characters have been
>typed.  We could probably make that three.  SIZELIMIT is usually 100 or
>200.  (80,000 / 26 / 26) == 118 matches on average, so I assume it could
>match too many names.  However, it should ignore SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED.

I typed in the to list an exact match of a name (there was only one
match).  Then I clicked the "lookup" icon on the right of the name field.
It then came up with that error.

More detailed information will be sent tomorrow.

--
Brian Hayward