Re: Tab Focus

> bad. I will try again: the point with making message index unfocusable is
> to make message scrolling easier and make key usage more consistent no
> matter if the message list hes the focus, or message preview.
>
> I guess that most of the people want to scroll the message with PgUp/PgDown
> and arrow keys, while moving through the list of messages one by one is
> most often satisfactory. By making the message index unfocusable,
> PgUp/PgDown and arrow keys always scroll the message, and 'P' and 'N' move
> you to previous and next message, respectively. It is an improvement, IMO,
> and I don't see a reason why one would like to have focus on mailbox index
> (am I missing something obvious?).

I agree, but I want to add something.

When reading a mailing list I most often want to read only messages with an
interesting subject and to mark the others as read with the n key. With 0.9.2
only see the messages I just have read and the one I'm reading now in the list
at the top (without scrolling using the mouse).

It would be better to see the current message in the middle so I can jump over
the next five as I see that they're about the same subject or that I've read
them before.

Martin