Re: balsa internationalization

Hi!

On Don, 21 Sep 2000 19:23:38 Pawel Salek wrote:

> I attach the patch that hopefully solves the internationalization issue
> completely. It uses setting languages and fontsets.

Just applied it and did some fast tests. It seems to work.

> THIS IS IMPORTANT, it needs to be tested for:
> a. spell checking

I tested German and English.

There only seems to be a problem with words that start with a umlaut like
"ähnlich" or "übrigens". The spell checker simply ignores the first
character.

> I believe however that this patch implements the correct approach to the
> problem.

Yes, it looks very promising. Just some points for the todo-list in case
they are missing: :)

 - presenting all languages is quite a long list and one has to search a
specific language. It would be easier if one could select some preferred
languages and the other languages are either not displayed or are moved to
a sub menu (i.e. "other languages >")

 - one cannot yet select a default language? Maybe balsa could use the
system language as default.

Thanks!

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@uue.org>                       http://mr.uue.org