Re: Address book feature request + small bug

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:53:33 Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:58:56 Jacob Ilsų Christensen wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have a small request for the alias expansion feature in
> > connection with the address book.
> > If you have a person in the address book with more than
> > one e-mail address, would it be possible to be able to
> > choose between them when matching the name with alias
> > expansion instead of just the first address?
>
> The actual LibBalsaAddress data structure contains all the addresses
> listed
> in the vCard for that person. All that is needed is a GUI way to choose
> which one.

How about popping up a tiny window from which an address could be selected
by moving up and down using the cursor keys. This feature might also be
used in connection with alias expanding. If more than one name matches
the window could pop up. Even smarter would be, if you could keep typing
in the popped up window.
E.g. if there are names like John and Joan, typing J would bring up the
window showing John and Joan and then continue typing oh, would limit
the window to just showing John.
Just an idea.

Best regards,
Jacob Ilsų.