Re: Threading

Em Ter, 12 Set 2000 18:26:15 Atsuhiko Yamanaka escreveu:
> Hi there,
>
> I have tried a hack for the threading support.
> Here is a patch file for balsa-0.9.4.tar.gz .
> I hope this patch works correctly, but has not been debuged deeply.
> So please use this patch as your own risk.
> I'm happy if I get some feedbacks.

Ok, i applied your patch to current cvs (didn't commit! :)) and noticed

1) you only use simple parsing of In-Reply-To, not groking of Subject
(right ?)
2) it doesn't work on IMAP for me.

1) is a mather of tunning and expanding the algorithm. the clist -> tree
grunt work is muchly apreciated :)
as for 2) i'm not sure atm. mutt can thread for me over imap, but iirc
mutt  uses a threading algorithm a bit more complex. prolly it's a problem

on my local setup. i couldn't find anywhere in balsa where we *don't* get
in-reply-to over imap, but i wasn't extensive

the version against cvs is attached in case someone wants to try it

--
Carlos Morgado - chbm(at)chbm(dot)nu - http://chbm.nu/ -- gpgkey:
0x1FC57F0A

cvs_threading.diff