Balsa, SMTP-password (fwd)

Anyone know the answer to this one? (SMTP auth..)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 17:14:46 +0200
From: Jens Rathmann <rathmann@uni.de>
To: hector@scouts-es.org, ijc25@cam.ac.uk, jpaint@gimp.org
Subject: Balsa, SMTP-password

Hi!

Short question concerning Balsa (I have version 0.9.4):

I want to use a remote SMTP-Server to send my mail, but my mailprovider
wants me to authenticate via password to use SMTP. Under Netscape Mail a
box pops up every first time I want to send a mail and I've to enter the
password for the SMTP server.

How can I enable password for SMTP-Server with Balsa? I always get the
error message:

553 Your message has been returned by our UCE/spam filter. (#5.7.1)
;F@RCPT TO:<rathmann@uni.de>
SMTP protocol error (wrong address, relaying denied)

Any hints?

Thanks,
Jens