Re: New IDL

On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 09:08:39 Ian Campbell wrote:

> Hey Carlos,
>
> You asked for comments on the new IDL, but that mail is at home..
>
> Just a couple of small things..
>
> I can't see a way to get a list of folders (ie a path to pass to
> open_folder). It would be nice if this would separate the actual mailboxes
> (IMAP and Local) from the places we download mail from (POP..)

hum, i remeber thinking about that. for some reason i didn't include, but yes
is of general interest.

> A function FolderBrowser::Check would be useful to force a check of that
> folder. As would a checkAll. These would be linked to the existing balsa
> stuff - useful if you have a cron job which dials up and collects you mail
> for you..

right. noted. it's also usefull for other stuff.

> FolderBrowser::NumberOfUnreadMessages - ie for an applet to display - more
> eefficient that finding the length of get_unread_message_list (there may
> be a network on the middle)

nod.

> You have a way to construct a message and send it, but a way to just pop
> up the balsa compose window would arguably be more useful.

i want to be able to send mail from my pilot, ence no user interaction :)
hum. that needs some thought

> Anyway, this looks cool.. Once it is done we cn get rid of the -m command
> line and stuff (which sucks because it always starts a new instance of
> balsa.) and replace them with a balsa-client app (which would be like 10
> lines of perl with Owen's ORBit perl bindings...)

right :)

> Anyway, it is nice to see CORBA bidings being worked on..

it is isn't it ? :)
there is a src/orbit-glue.c which will need some proofing until i get some
orbit experience.

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds