Re: - IMAP, POP problem ? -

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:30:08 Paul Theo Gonciari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a couple of things, might happen only in my place :o)
>
> * if you close the IMAP mailbox and open it again, there are no messages
displayed in the mailbox

Don't know about that....

> * if it takes some time to connect to the POP3 server, balsa is frozen while
it tryies to connect (this was working with 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 - means you could do
something else - i.e. check for mail on a IMAP mailbox)

> * if you open a mailbox which is big, it frozes balsa also (would be nice to
compose a message, click to open a mailbox - get some status message or a log
message - wait while loading .... - . continue with other stuff in balsa and balsa
would activate the tab with the corresponding mailbox when done)

Both of these two are due to additional thread locking introduced sometime
since 0.9.2 or so.

They are needed to prevent other problems, but in some cases they do cause the
main thread to block... I am looking into ways to improve things.... (the
problem is that libmutt was never intended to be used multithreaded...)