Re: Balsa Improvements

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 01:54:26PM +0200, marc wrote:
> Hello Balsa programmers,
>
> your Software is really great - it's getting closer and closer
> to get the best Desktop-Linux-Mail-Solution :-)
>
> The new release Balsa is more stable than the further versions...
>
> But there are still some possible improvements :-)
>
> For example:
>
> - Open URLs with a single mouseclick

Hopefully with the integration of gtkhtml we will get this also.

> - Hotkeys for Mailoperations (i.e. Delete,Answer,..)

This one is easy and is on my laundry list already.  I just need to get
around to it.

> - Folders in IMAP-boxes
> - Display attachments in created Mails

I'm not sure what you mean here, display attachments in messages that are
being written, or messages that are being read?

> - Possibility to read HTML-Mails
>   (Maybe with lynx-integration)

We're attempting to be able to read html emails using gtkhtml, it's
experimental in the latest CVS version.

> You do a good job to increase the acceptance of Linux in
> the desktop-area :-)

Wow, I didn't know that's what we were doing!  I thought I was just writing
an email program I like to use. :-)

> Sincerly
>
> Marc Schöchlin/Germany
>
> PS: If i can help you, i'm very intersted - but i'm not very good
>     in c-programming - but i can write documentation :-)
>     (I have a very hard test at university now - but after 4.9.2000
>      i will have a lot of time...)

Any help would be great, our manual could use a lot of improvement.

Thanks,

MBG

--
  Matthew Guenther